Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our tomato plant


For years I wanted to have a small garden to have the kids help me grow a few veggies. I think it's great for children to have the opportunity to learn about how some food is grown and be involved in the process.

I finally took the leap and put in a raised cedar garden kit, with some help of course.



But truthfully, my father in law came and helped me screw it together.  He even brought over two tomato plants.  I planted two tomato plants that he had (three if you count the teeny tiny one in the middle). As of right now we have five possible tomatoes that may turn out.

The funny thing is neither my husband nor I like plain tomatoes, but both the boys do. So far they've enjoyed watering the plants and checking to see if the tomatoes had grown.
 If you have any gardening advice for me, such as tips on how not to kill all the plants, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment