Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Brainfart of the Week

So this morning the news was on and my 5 year old son heard that it was going to be a beautiful day today in Delaware and got excited.  At that time, I decided it would be a great day for us to go swimming since I had just resigned up at the YMCA last Wednesday.  My son goes to camp Tuesday-Thursday until 12, so I planned on us going after camp.  In the morning when I was getting our stuff together, I looked for my phone, couldn't find it, called in from the house phone, heard it buzzing yet still couldn't find it, so I had to leave without it.

We had a great time at the pool.  We went to the Western Y on Kirkwood Highway and this was our first time at this pool and I loved it.  It had a nice area for younger kids and it was obvious that the lifeguards were very vigilant.

Around 6:30 pm while at home, I noticed that my phone was under one of the couches (of course it's there, where else would my phone be!).  I saw that I had a text message.  It was from my 2 year old's speech therapist who comes to our house on Thursdays saying that she was at the house and we weren't there- I had completely forgotten!  His speech therapist comes every Thursday and I had completely forgotten- the worst part was that I had just looked at the calendar yesterday and knew that it was coming up!

I feel like such an idiot when I do things like this.  Just last week I locked us out of the house on our way to see Day Out with Thomas.  I could understand doing stuff like this if I was pregnant or super stressed, but I'm neither.  I just don't know what's up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment