Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday's Grants: Lowe’s Toolbox for Education grant program- Deadline 10/14/2011

Monday's Grants

As we all know, women play so many roles, we're mothers, we're daughters, we're friends, we're wives, we're amazing!  One of my roles is that of a social worker.  I've been a stay at home mom for the past 5 years and I have loved it!  But during that time, I also continued my education and received my Master's in Social Work.  I really believe that I was put on this earth to make a difference in people's lives and be a change agent.  In order to provide change as a social worker, you often need funding!  I keep updated on grants and funding that is available and I thought since I'm doing the research anyway, I might as well share my found information with individuals or groups who could also use it. So I've decided to start Monday's Grants. I will post grants weekly that may be useful to nonprofits, groups, teachers, individuals and more.  Many grants will be RFP's (Request for Proposals), but I will try to include a selection of different grants. Enjoy!


Lowe's Toolbox for Education Grant



Deadline: October 14, 2011
Amount: $2,000 to $5,000



Raise up to $5,000 for your school in minutes

It’s almost that easy when you take advantage of Lowe’s Toolbox for Education grant program. Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation (LCEF) knows how hard you work for your kids and your community and we’re dedicated to helping your parent-teacher group achieve even more for your school. Apply for our Toolbox for Education Grant now and build on your already impressive parent group success with Lowe’s.

Now in its 6th year of helping build better schools and communities, the Lowe's Toolbox for Education program has provided nearly $25 million to more than 5,000 schools across the country.

For more than 60 years, Lowe's has supported the communities we call home. At a time when schools and community groups are struggling to make ends meet, Lowe's Charitable and Educational Foundation recognizes that we must increase our focus on basic, one-time project needs.
Again, this year, we challenge ourselves to seek ways to provide the tools that help our educators and parent groups through these challenging times efficiently and with the greatest impact. In 2011-2012, basic needs will take priority. Please keep this focus in mind as you apply for a Toolbox for Education grant in the 2011-2012 academic year.

Sample Project Ideas: 

1. Reading Garden

2. Vegetable Garden

3. Physical Fitness Area
4. School Landscaping Project

5. School Nature Trail

6. Parent Involvement Center
7. Peer Tutoring Center

8. Playground

9. Rotating Student Art Exhibit

The Fall 2011 cycle is now open. The deadline for submitting applications for this grant cycle is October 14, 2011. However, if 1500 applications are received before the application deadline, then the application process will close.

To apply for this grant, please go to:   Toolbox for Education

No comments:

Post a Comment