Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Our upcoming camping trip or rather "glamping"

I do not come from a long line of campers.  If anything, my family (myself included) can sometimes be a hotel snob.  We like to save money and get the best deal, but I remember more than one time switching hotels if it wasn't up to par.  So what has my 6 year old son been clambering to do for the past two years?  Go camping, of course.  Luckily, my brother does enjoy camping, like real camping, in a tent in the woods and everything.  So our plan was to have my son first go camping in the backyard so that he could work his way up to going camping with my brother.

But a couple of months ago, I was browsing online when I found Lake in Wood Campground.  This campground had everything that I could hope for with our family of two kids: two playgrounds, outdoor swimming pool, kiddie pool, covered swimming pool, mini golf, hay rides, fire engine rides, hiking trails, bingo, arcade, restaurant and of course a lake for fishing! 
 
Plus it is located in Pennsylvania Dutch Country and I love the Amish :) 


Yes, I know they don't like having their pictures taken, I didn't take the pic! :b

You can go to Lake In Wood Campground to go camping in a tent, use your RV or rent one of their Unique Rentals.

Unique is definitely the word, you can choose from a Caboose, a Treehouse, a Yurt, a Ship, a Covered wagon and more.  We decided to go a little less unique and chose a cabin.  This is where the "glamping" part of the camping comes in.  We're staying at the Lake View Cabin. 


The Lake View Cabin was actually our second choice, but our first choice was already booked.  Therefore it's actually a little bigger than we actually need. It sleeps 2 adults and 4 children (we only have two).  But the sleeping arrangements for 2 kids includes two bunk beds, so now I won't have the hassle of dealing with my kids arguing who sleeps where.  If they both want to sleep on the top they can (not really, because my three year old would fall right off, I'm hoping they both choose to sleep on the bottom).  The cabin also includes a bathroom, refrigerator, coffeemaker, toaster, gas grill, microwave, TV and Air Conditioner.  Now that's my kind of roughing it :b Truthfully the cost is not that cheap, we could have easily gotten a hotel in the area for less, but it's a great way to introduce my family (and me!) to camping and there is so much to do that I think we're going to have a wonderful trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment