Sunday, February 20, 2011

What's for Dinner tonight? Cheesy Chive Chicken Kiev

I'm a consultant for Tastefully Simple, so I try to use their ingredients whenever I can.  Tonight we're going to have Cheesy Chive Chicken Kiev, a recipe from the Tastefully Simple Website.

Cheesy Chive Chicken Kiev
Submitted by Elisabeth Relaz (IL)

Ingredients
1 packet Cheesy Chive Warm Dip Mix 

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup breadcrumbs

Directions
In a small bowl, combine Cheesy Chive Warm Dip Mix with cream cheese. Spread the cheese mixture on one side of the chicken breast and roll it up. In a bowl, whisk the egg and milk. Dip each rolled chicken breast in the egg mixture then roll into the breadcrumbs. Place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Makes 4-6 servings.


This will be my second time making this, the first time I used regular chicken and pounded it flat, but for tonight I'll just use the thin chicken breasts.  So yummy! 

Also, after I sent this recipe to friends, one of my bff's suggested that you could replace the breadcrumbs with oatmeal for a healthier and crunchier alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment